Based on the revised “Scheme for Naturalization of Investors in Cyprus by exception”, non-EU investors and their families can acquire the Cyprus Citizenship by investment, on the basis of the Decision by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Cyprus dated 19 March 2014.
Basic Criteria (one of the below):
- FAST TRACK procedure: Approval will be issued within approximately 3 months.
- A €2 million (plus VAT if any) - Investment in a single Residence or in a selection of Residential Properties. The residence must be retained by the investros for a period of 3 years. After 3 years the investor has the right to sell his/her property however, the investor must maintain a property of a minimum value of €500.000 (plus VAT) throughout his/her lifetime.
- The parents of the investor have the right to apply for a Cypriot Citizenship by exception given that a further investment of a minimum value of €500.000 plus VAT is made on a residential property.
- Any property/ies purchased during the past 3 years will also count towards the required investment amount.
- No requirement to physically reside in Cyprus, before/after approval.
- The money for the purchase of the property must come from abroad through legal sources.
- Must have a clean criminal record.
- All family can obtain Cyprus Citizenship
- Free movement of capital/services/goods
- No requirement to physically reside in Cyprus
- Right to work, reside and buy property in all 28 EU member countries
- Right to travel to all 28 European Union member states without visa restrictions
- Cypriot passport holders are entitled to travel visa - free more than 157 countries
- Enjoy governmental welfare benefits to all European Union countries
- Benefit from the legal rights of a natural born as a Cypriot citizen